APAH may amend this policy without notice to you, and such amendments will become effective when posted on apah.org.
What Information We Collect
When you visit our website, you may disclose two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose (collected on an individual basis) and site usage information (collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse the site).
- Personal information you knowingly disclose may include:
- Credit Card Information: When you donate to APAH online, standard credit card information is collected through a third-party payer that is required to comply with Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards. The third-party payer provides us with, and we store, the account holder, card type, last four digits of your credit card number, card expiration date, and the authorization code. Online donors are added to our mailing lists. You may opt out at any time by emailing email@example.com.
- Email Information: If you choose to correspond with us via email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. You may opt-out at any time. You may also request an opt-out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not provide, sell, or rent email addresses to anyone outside of APAH.
- Site usage information: APAH does not separately monitor your personal activity on our site. We do track (via Google Analytics, which utilizes cookies) collective, anonymous user data to evaluate the effectiveness of our website. You may disable browser cookies. Pixel tags may be used across apah.org and may not be disabled.
How Your Information May Be Used
Broadly speaking, APAH uses personal information for purposes of administering and expanding our service and charitable activities. We may use your personal information for:
- sending you information about APAH;
- responding to your inquiries and fulfilling your requests such as to process donations and/or send you information about upcoming properties;
- profiling supporters to identify shared interest and connections;
- internal purposes, such as data analysis to enhance or improve our website and to identify usage trends.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, or if such action is necessary to (a) fulfill your requests (e.g. third-party service providers such as payment processing, email delivery, website hosting, data analysis, etc); (b) protect and defend our rights and property, the website, the users of the site; (c) act under circumstances to protect the safety of users of the site, us, or third parties.
European Union (GDPR) Disclosure
APAH does not intend to collect personal information from European Union users. Accordingly, we do not solicit nor do we accept donations from EU users. If we learn that we collected personal information from a user in the EU, we will promptly delete that information.
How We Protect Your Information
APAH uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology across apah.org to provide you with a safe, secure experience. SSL technology enables encryption of sensitive information. We cannot guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, or destroyed by breach of any of our safeguards. However, our policy is to limit access to your personal information to employees or vendors who have a genuine business purpose to access it and those processing your information are required to do so only as authorized and in a confidential manner.
Arlington Partnership for Affordable Housing
4318 N Carlin Springs Road
Arlington, VA 22203